We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our staff, contractors and clients to minimise potential COVID-19 infection. In order to better protect everyone, and based on recommendations, we have implemented the following:
- All staff, contractors and clients are to observe social distancing as much as practically possible
- During client walkthroughs and handover everyone is required to wear a mask unless you have a medical condition that prevents wearing a mask.
- If you feel unwell or are showing COVID-19 symptoms you are not permitted on-site, in display homes or in our office and you should get tested.
- If you have been in close contact with someone awaiting test results or someone who has tested positive in last 14 days, you are not permitted on-site, in display homes or in our office and you should also get tested.
- Staff, clients and contractors may be asked to sign a declaration before entering work sites confirming that they have not travelled overseas in the last 14 days and are not from a locked-down suburb.
Only together can we get through this.
For more updates and advice on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) visit the Department of Health & Human Services website: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Are you a first home buyer?
For a limited time, We’ve got an exciting opportunity at Advance Homes for all first homer buyers throughout the Geelong build region.
We’re offering up to $5000 discount* on selected Advance Homes home designs.
But hurry! This offer is only available until October 2018
Enquire now about the first home buyer booster
Okay, so you’re a first home buyer and you have just accepted handover of your brand new Advance Home. All the bones are there, you can put the furniture in and start living! But… what about the style? Where’s your personal mojo in the property? Well, we have some tips for that:
- What style are you wanting to achieve? IE: Are you thinking you want a modern retro look, industrial, Scandinavian (IE: Ikea look), or perhaps a Hamptons style?
- Pick your colour pallet and STICK TO IT. If you’re going to choose a colour theme for your furnishings throughout your house, make sure that it is consistent!
- Remember, it’s your space to put some personal touches in it. Be proud and display that teddy bear Aunty Alice gave you when you were 9, or those embarrassing family photos! It’s these items that make a house a home.
- New Vs Restoration: Buying brand new furniture can be expensive, so why not recycle and repurpose old furniture and ornaments? It may take longer but it will give your home more worth (plus you can proudly say “I made that!”)
- As part of your colour pallet, think about bringing in textures! If you can nail the sight, touch, sound and smell elements of your home, you will walk in instantly relaxed after a hard day’s work.
At Advance, we love our First Home Buyer clients because we get to help them turn their house into their very first home. Contact us today to find out more!
It’s finally happened; your new home! Boxes are unpacked and furniture is placed in; now it’s time to make your friends and family envious – this calls for a House Warming Party!
Whether you’re a first home buyer, downsizer, or even an upsizer, christening your new crib with a house warming party is essential to the moving in process.
Make sure you do the following:
- PLAN: When are you going to have it? Are you going to have it inside, outside, both? Make sure you give your guests a good amount of notice.
- INVITES: Social Media Events are the most common – this ensures people are reminded that they have YOUR party coming up. However, a little class with postage invites can really help wow your guests.
- BATHROOMS: Make sure they are clean and that the seat is down! Polish the taps, mirrors and anything reflective – make that bathroom sparkle! (and stock up the necessities)
- STORE AWAY VALUABLES: You don’t need great Aunt Helga’s vase getting broken when you’re trying to enjoy your night – store keep the precious memories in safe areas. You’ll stress less throughout the party as well.
- SMELLS: Prior to your guests arriving light some scented candles so that your house is inviting and comfortable – but don’t overdo it and suffocate your guests!
- TUNES: Get a killer of a play list. Something old, something new, something borrowed… you get the picture.
- FOOD: If you can’t cook, tonight is not the night to try something outrageous – simple barbecues always go down well because who doesn’t love a barbie?
- PHOTOS: Take heaps of photos for the memory books – the best memories will make you smile!
Oh, and don’t forget to actually ENJOY your party as well – it is your house after all!
For many young Australian’s who can’t afford to buy a house on their own, they use a strategy known as co-borrowing; essentially using a friend, relative or partner to increase their ‘buying-power’.
When looking at co-borrowing, the following items should be considered:
- How strong is the relationship between you and the co-borrower?
- Do you have a contracted agreement that benefits, and protects, both you of?
- Does your contract outline things like maintence, payment for damage and renovation?
- What happens if one co-owner want to sell up?
- Does your contract protect you if the other co-owner defaults on their loan?
There are many pros and cons to co-borrowing, but the key to making it a successful venture is to know and trust the person you are borrowing with!
As part of their growth as Victoria’s premier provider of best value new homes and house and land packages, Advance Homes have opened a new display home in Point Cook in Melbourne’s rapidly expanding West.
The new display home is currently open by appointment only and offers new home buyers a precise look at Advance Homes standard turnkey inclusions without any fancy upgrades or expensive inclusions.
“We have found that our buyers really appreciate being able to visit a display home and know exactly what they are getting for their money. They realise that the fancy display homes they visit elsewhere are tricked up to make them feel like they are getting more than what they really are and just want to be able to get a real understanding of what their budget will buy them,” says Scott Hunt, Managing Director of Advance Homes.
“Our clients are, by and large, first home buyers and first time investors. They have limited budgets and cannot afford fancy upgrades. So for them to be able to visit a display homes that is pretty much exactly as their finished home will be in invaluable.”
First home buyers and investors located in Melbourne’s West can now visit an Advance Homes display home without having to travel to Torquay.
To make an appointment to visit the Point Cook display home phone Mitchell Saffin on 0437 666 764.
Ugh! You have spent all this time getting your house built, but now you have to pay for furniture… Don’t spend your first night eating take away pizza on the floor using a cardboard box as a dining table!
When it comes to furniture, especially if you’re a first home buyer that’s low on cash, this is when cheap furniture stores come to the rescue!
At Advance, we look to make moving into your home as easy as possible with our stunning turnkey packages. If you’re looking to Advance your build, contact us today.
The Dunes have just released stage 4B, conveniently located near the new supermarket and shopping centre which is due for completion by the end of the year.
With house and land packages starting from $430,000 for FHB, now is the time to secure your future home in Torquay.
Our display home is located at 211 Fischer Street Torquay, and is open Monday – Thursday 10am till 3pm, and Saturday and Sunday 11am till 3pm. Contact us today to find out more!